We held a 60 minute session for the Older age group, the second indoor session of the Winter season.
Each session point/exercise has a link to the drill used – here
Each group begins with a thorough warm up
Older Keepers – 2001-2007
Six session points for this session;
- Diving/Footwork – Diving and gathering the ball – here
- Recovery – quickly up off floor – here
- Diving – low shots in the corner – here
- Ball Control – improving the first touch – here
- Mental/Confidence – making quick decisions under pressure – here and here
- Flight judgment – dealing with crosses – here
Tips for coaches – Confidence Cohesion Technique
Any coach can utilize these drills with their keeper. The objectives are the same – enhance footwork, follow the ball better with the eyes, and judge the flight of the ball.
A coach can use any one of the drills independently, and involve multiple players, especially attackers, to sharpen their skills too.
Try to encourage the keeper to use these skills – their footwork, their eyes and reflexes, and be brave to make the judgement calls and decisions that will come up regularly in games.