We held one 90 minute sessions for the two age groups together.
Each session point/exercise has a link to the drill used – here
Younger Keepers – 2007-2010 & Older Keepers – 2001-2006
Four session points for this session;
- Kneeling – dive and save – here
- Protection – diving at the feet of others – here
- Basics – positioning and goalkicks – here and here
- Dealing with high balls – here
- Goal kicks / Punts – refresher – here and here
Tips for coaches – Confidence Cohesion Technique
Any coach can utilize these drills with their keeper. The objectives are the same – enhance footwork, follow the ball better with the eyes, and judge the flight of the ball.
A coach can use any one of the drills independently, and involve multiple players, especially attackers, to sharpen their skills too.
Try to encourage the keeper to use these skills – their footwork, their eyes and reflexes, and be brave to make the judgement calls and decisions that will come up regularly in games.