Second clinic session since the thaw, we held a 1 hr session for both age groups.
Each session point/exercise has a link to the drill used – click on the highlighted word on each line – here
Younger Keepers – 2007-2010 & Older Keepers – 2001-2006
Six session points for this session;
- Catching – high balls and footwork between the posts – here
- Catching – Reverse – reflex – improving the reflexes – here
- Catching – in pairs – here
- Catching – Hand shapes – use the best hand shape for the type of shot -here
- Diving – on knees – learning to “roll the hip” – here
- Goal Kicking – step by step guide to dead-ball kicking– here
- Keeper frisbee – here
Tips for coaches – Confidence Cohesion Technique
Any coach can utilize these drills with their keeper. The objectives are the same – enhance footwork, follow the ball better with the eyes, and judge the flight of the ball, improve kicking and catching.
A coach can use any one of the drills independently, and involve multiple players, especially attackers, to sharpen their skills too.
Try to encourage the keeper to use these skills – their footwork, their eyes and reflexes, and be brave to make the judgement calls and decisions that will come up regularly in games.