Wednesday sessions for youngers and olders.
We covered the following at the individual level;
Youngers and Olders session
- basic catching
- reflex drills
Takeway points for coaches:
- Build the keeper’s confidence, especially with “resting place” and distribution
- Dont assume the keeper will be comfortable with a high resting place (eg on the “D”) or being able to act as a switch-play defender.
- practice setting up the set-pieces using your defenders – build cohesion between GK and central defenders in particular.
- Assign players for “wall duty” and the key defensive zones in a corner.
- practice speedy execution, and assign a player to “ensure” the ten yards are “walked”, buying time.